- 500g soybeans,
- 200g spinach,
- proper amount of edible oil,
- distilled vinegar and brine.
Different fruits and vegetables can be used for making colored tofu. Spinach is selected as an example as followed:
How to make:
- Soak soybeans in water for six to ten hours;
- Clean spinach and cut it into 1cm segments;
- Put the segments into the Slow Juicer for juicing;
- Place the soybeans and proper water into the Slow Juicer to make soybean milk;
- Place the soybean milk and spinach juice into a big pot and add a spoon of oil and a spoon of vinegar;
- Add some brine to the soybean milk mixture drop by drop and stir the mixture in one direction gently;
- Judge the dosage of brine with eyes;
- When the soybean milk starts to see flocculent precipitates, place cotton gauze on the hollow-out moulds, poor the tofu jelly made last step into the moulds and place some heavy items on the moulds to squeeze out excessive water;
- Pressure will squeeze out water and lead to adhesion of soybean protein;
- The degree of pressure decides the degree of softness and hardness of tofu;
- When the tofu takes shape and turns hard, colored tofu is done.
Effect: Spinach can cure constipation and piles. In addition, it can help boost health, avoid aging and prevent iron-deficiency anemia.
Spinach is rich in vitamin C and folic acid, which is an ideal food for iron-deficiency anemia patients. The dietary fiber in spinach can help relax the bowels effectively.