Taro with Tomato Juice
- Collocasia esculenta (a kind of taro),
- chicken extract and
- proper amount of water.
How to make:
- Collocasia esculenta peeled, cut into bars and steamed;
- Cool the collocasia esculenta and fry it in a hot frying pan until it has golden surface;
- Take it out and place some freshly made tomato juice in the plan, add some slat, chicken extract, sugar and water and stir-fry the juice until it becomes thick and like a kind of sauce;
- Put the collocasia esculenta into the pan and stir-fry the collocasia esculenta and the sauce evenly before serving.
Effect: Taro can help regulate the flow of vital energy, remove obstruction, eliminate toxicant, strengthen the spleen, clear away internal heat and relieve cough. It is rich in crude protein, starch, glycan (phlegm), crude fiber and sugar. It contains much more protein than other high-protein plants such as soybean.