Fresh Homemade Almond Milk
Are you a fan of almond milk? Rather than buying industrially processed almond milk from the grocery store, how about making it fresh at home? Grocery almond milks are often loaded with preservatives and thickeners–wouldn't you prefer something simpler and more natural?
A slow juicer is an excellent way to make fresh almond milk in your kitchen. If you're already an almond milk drinker, you know about its many benefits. For those who're unfamiliar with almond milk, here are some highlights:
- Vegan and plant-based
- Paleo-friendly and gluten-free
- Low caloric value (one cup is only 60 calories)
- No cholesterol or saturated fat
- Loaded with vitamins (A, various B, D, and E), helping you keep your skin healthy, your bones strong, and your muscles growing
- Rich in minerals such as phosphorus, potassium and zinc
And it's incredibly easy to make. Follow these few steps:
- In a bowl, soak almonds in a bowl of water overnight or for 6-8 hours. This makes the nuts softer for optimal juicing. We recommend juicing 1 cup of almonds to make 1 cup of almond milk.
- Pour out the water and rinse the almonds. Add back fresh water into the bowl.
- Turn on your slow juicer and use a ladle to spoon in almonds and water (equal parts) into the juicer.
- Keep going until you've put in all the almonds and water.
- Watch the nuts turn into milk and let it flow out.
- Pour yourself a glass and enjoy!